Grange Field - Credit Doug Cruden
Allotments in Charlton Kings - Credit: Doug Cruden
Charlton Park - Credit: Doug Cruden
WELCOME TO CHARLTON KINGS PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE
Welcome to the Charlton Kings Parish Council website. We strive to make Charlton Kings a better place to live, work and play. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
Our Parish Office is located at 26 Church Street, Church Piece, Charlton Kings, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL53 8AR. You can find a map of our Parish Office location on this website. You can also contact us on 01242 250087 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide some local services. Click on your local services and this will take you to many more that are provided by County and Borough Councils and others. From the link you will be able to filter results.
Recent News items are listed below. If you want to access older News items, you can do this by using the link to the News page in the main menu.
COVID-19 UPDATE - July 2021
The Parish Office is open to members of the public from 10.00 am to 2.00 pm every weekday. The Stanton Hall and Conference Room are open for bookings. Please contact email@example.com for further information about room bookings or see our Halls for Hire page.
The legislation that permitted virtual meetings ended on 7th May 2021 so we are now required to hold all in-person meetings for Full Council and all Standing Committees. Members of the public are permitted to attend these meetings but are asked to follow the guidelines set out below: subject to the following points.
- Members of the public who wish to attend the meeting will be asked to form a socially-distanced queue at the main entrance to the Stanton Hall (by the Library) until they are given access to the building by a Councillor or member of staff immediately prior to the start of the meeting.
- Members of the public must proceed as directed to their seat at the meeting and remain in it until the end of the meeting.
- MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC MUST CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org if they develop COVID-19 within 14 days of the date of the meeting.
- MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC WHO FEEL UNWELL MUST NOT ENTER THE BUILDING. You must return home and follow government guidance.
- IF YOU ARE IN A VULNERABLE CATEGORY, OR OVER 70, YOU ARE ADVISED THAT YOU ENTER THIS BUILDING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- If members of the public do not feel comfortable attending a face-to-face meeting they may submit any questions or comments in advance by 12.00 noon on the day of the meeting to the key member of staff for that meeting (as identified on the agenda).
We have set up a designated page on our website - COVID-19 (Corona Virus) support - where we will posting information for residents. Cheltenham Borough Council has set up a web-page which provides advice and updates on the corona virus. There are also links to other sources of advice from the government and the NHS. https://www.cheltenham.gov.uk/coronavirus
Can you find all of the Christmas Fairies in Charlton Kings?
Look in the windows of local shops and businesses to see if you can spot the message from the Christmas Fairy.
Look for the letters on their dress!
Write down the letters and then unscramble them using the coloured boxes to help you to crack the code. Have fun!
You can download the playing form here. It's free to play!
Posted: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 10:00 by Community Development Officer
On Saturday 27th November at 2.00pm, please meet by the car parking area on Newcourt Road for a tree walk around Newcourt Green. We will launch our new self-guided tree trail leaflet that shows the wonderful variety of trees to be found there and how to identify them. The leaflet has been produced in partnership with Cheltenham Borough Council's Senior Trees Officer (who will lead the walk) and with the invaluable technical expertise of a Master's degree student at Gloucestershire University. For more information on events throughout the year linked to the Parish Council's Tree Strategy, please see the Charlton Kings Parish Council Website.
Posted: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 11:00 by Community Development Officer