Charlton Kings Health Connections
Charlton Kings Health Connections is an innovative project which aims to improve the health and well-being of residents in Charlton Kings. It was initiated by the Parish Council in 2019, in collaboration with the Sixways GP surgery, local churches, care homes, the Clinical Commissioning Group, Community Social Prescriber and other community organisations.
The first phase of the Charlton Kings Health Connections project, which will involve mapping current provision of recreational and community support services within the Parish, and identifying any gaps, will start in early 2020.
The Parish Council will appoint a self-employed contractor to undertake a six month project to deliver the first phase of the project. If you are interested in this role, a role description and the process and time-table for appointment can be found below.
Charlton Kings Health Connections - Application process for role of Community Development Worker
Charlton Kings Parish Council is seeking an experienced Community Development Worker who would be available on a part-time, self-employed, contract basis from January 2020 to deliver the first phase of the Charlton Kings Health Connections Project. The work would entail up to 55 hours per month over a six month period at a rate of up to £18 per hour.
The time-table and process for application is as follows:
- In order to apply, please submit a letter of application, stating your recent community development experience and what you think you could bring to the role, together with your CV to the Parish Clerk, Mrs Joanna Noles, by email to email@example.com or by post or in person to the Parish Office.
- The closing date for receiving applications is 9.00 am on Monday, 21st October
- Applicants will be shortlisted and interviews have been scheduled to take place on Thursday, 21st November 2019 in Charlton Kings Parish Council Offices, 26, Church Street, GL53 8AR.
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to produce a document of 500 words setting out how they will deliver the project, including interim goals and timescales, for discussion at their interview.
- The role may require some evening and weekend work.
- If you have any queries in relation to this role, please contact the Parish Clerk, Mrs Joanna Noles, at the above email address or by telephone at 01242 250087.
Further information about the Community Development Worker role and the required skills and experience can be found in the attached document.
Information regarding the self-employed contract for a Community Development Worker to deliver the first phase of the Charlton Kings Health Connections project and the application process.