In 2020, Charlton Kings Parish Council set up a Working Group, consisting of Councillors and members of the local community, to develop and implement an environmental strategy for the Parish.
Charlton Kings Parish Council has adopted a "Vision for Charlton Kings" that sets out how we aim to address the demands of the Climate Emergency. It has been broken down into four main areas:
• Making our own, direct, contributions to reducing carbon emissions
• Creating an outreach programme to advise and support residents
• Engaging with Cheltenham Borough Council's programme to be carbon neutral by 2030
• Managing our own natural and built environments in the knowledge of our understanding of the effects of Climate Change.
An Environment Working Group of Parish Councillors and knowledgeable and concerned members of the community have set up targeted groups that will address specific actions, for example:
• Completing an energy audit of all Parish Council activities
• Looking into technical solutions such as ground source heat pumps
• Ensuring that public transport serving Charlton Kings is fit for purpose
• Addressing river and surface water flooding.
There is a core group in place, and if you have relevant expertise and an enthusiasm that would help us take some of these initiatives forward get in touch.
Contact Charlton Kings Parish Office in the first instance:
01242 250057 or firstname.lastname@example.org