Working to support our community

Footpaths and Rights of Way

Charlton Kings Parish Council does not carry responsibility for the upkeep of these Rights of Way. However we do have regular contact both with GCC who are responsible, and with the Cotswold Wardens who do a huge amount of work to ensure the rural paths are in a condition which walkers can enjoy. We are very grateful for their efforts.

The Cotswold Wardens are a voluntary organisation of people who work together to maintain the AONB in general and its footpaths in particular. We have a Warden assigned to the parish of Charlton Kings who organises work parties on particular paths every few weeks. Volunteers can join these as often as they wish and participate as much as they want. The work parties are relaxed social meetings (cake provided!) as well as working groups.

On the Cotswold Wardens volunteering webpage there is a contact name, email, phone number and form if you are interested in finding out more.

If you don't want to join a working party you can still help by being vigilant when you are out walking

  • Report to the CKPC office any problems you encounter when engaged in your own use of the Rights of Way footpaths. The best way to do this is via the Reporting Form at the bottom of this page.
  • Take a pair of secateurs with you on your walks in order to cut back any minor overgrowth!

The Parish is crossed by many other routes, but the paths which are highlighted on the GCC map starting with ZCK___ are those which have legal status as rights of way.

In order to ensure that problems are reported to the right people to enable a swift response, we first need to identify the path number.

Go to the Gloucestershire County Council Footpath Map and zoom in to Charlton Kings.

Hover your mouse over the pink footpath and it will show the number of the footpath: Starting with ZCK___

Add this information to the online form below.

Public Rights of Way Report Form

Please use this form to report any issues with public rights of way (footpaths) in Charlton Kings.
We will then use this information to highlight the problem to either the Cotswold Wardens or GCC and ensure that the issue is resolved as quickly as possible.

Public Rights of Way Report Form

Last updated: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 19:27