Working to support our community

There's a problem with a local road, what should I do?

There's a problem with a local road, what should I do?

Gloucestershire Highways is responsible for maintaining the roads across the county. The Parish Council has been advised by Gloucestershire Highways that using the online reporting system is far more efficient than emailing them.

If you can report it yourself please do – it will enable you to check whether someone else has already reported the issue and if not, it will ensure that the location of the issue is marked on the map precisely. the "Your Highways – Report it" page there is a drop-down menu immediately above the map. The drop-down menu is labelled "How to report an issue – click to expand." You can search for the road where there is an issue and see whether it's already been reported. You can also see whether a job is open or closed. You can then report the issue if you need to.

If you spot a highways issue which is not an emergency, this is the best way to report it. However, if there is an emergency which poses an immediate danger to public safety, you should still use the emergency number: 08000 514 514

Examples of immediate dangers would be:

  • Objects on the highway network i.e. a fallen tree
  • Faulty traffic lights
  • Exposed cables
  • Multiple street lighting faults
  • Flooded roads
  • Potholes over 75mm deep
  • Manhole or metal cover i.e. missing or dangerous

Posted: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 09:30 by Joanna Noles

Tags: News